Monday 17 January 2011

Project Humpty Dumpty

r
Project Humpty Dumpty up dated :


Well, have totalled up 630 miles travelling from Devon to Hastings (Hythe, Kent), to Hitchin, Stotfold (Hertfordshire) and back again in order to obtain the final major two pieces needed to put "project Humpty Dumpty" into another major phase. The sink unit and the Buddy seat are now sitting in Florence (not fitted) but they are there!.

After spending last year managing on a very "basic" interior, we feel this will bring a whole new practical edge to the coming season's adventures.

It is very pleasing to our eye's to see the next phase of the transformation to the inside of Florence coming together.

There remains the next task of a bit of TLC to the 40 year old sink unit and then the fitting !.

So there you have it, I have to stop and think sometimes at why I do such things that reqiure so much effort and time, but the answer is always there, in photos, thoughts and every time I walk out the back door and there she is! Yes, good old "Florence" the dubster. The family member on four wheels.


2 comments:

  1. The family member on four wheels indeed. I have never been more attached to something I owned than my van, so I can certainly appreciate your sentiments. Congrats on the project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing what other goodies you have here.

    VW Camper Vans

    ReplyDelete